Tulsa Historical Society
The Travis Mansion was built in 1919 and has stood along Peoria Avenue as an example of one of Tulsa’s finest estates. The Tulsa Historical Society purchased the property in 1997, constructed a museum adjacent to it, secured Oklahoma Centennial Commission funds and private donations, then hired KKT to renovate and retrofit the mansion for additional space. KKT performed significant structural work, then renovated and retrofitted the mansion to accommodate museum spaces, offices, and special event areas. The design respects the existing architectural character yet transformed the building into a state-of-the-art facility and museum space, restoring a Tulsa architectural treasure to its former glory.